With the recent drops from Jay Z, Kanye West, J. Cole, Wale, and Mac Miller, it's definitely been a hot summer for hip-hop -- but we're missing a few things.
We were promised a few mixtapes and albums that have been pushed back or have yet to materialize and there's still no clear cut anthem for the season.
Here are a few ways Hip-Hop fans were cheated this summer:
- Where's Young Jeezy? - This could have been the Georgia native's year to reclaim his space in rap dominance. We're assuming the the Snowman doesn't know that he flourishes in the summer.
- Controversy Killed The Track - Rocko's "U.O.E.N.O.," featuring Rick Rossand Future's Lil Wayne-assisted "Karate Chop (Remix)" both could have easily been summer bangers but they were killed due to controversial lyrics.
- Too Many Tours At Once - With the price of concert tickets on the rise and people attending more festivals, how do artists expect fans to attend so many back-to-back shows?
MY 2 CENTS:
- Rap isn't about the music anymore. It's about how much money you can make.
- Everyone is touring because it's the best way to make money right now.